Nobel Prize 2016 : The Nobel Prize is widely regarded as the most prestigious award available in the fields of literature, physics, chemistry, medicine or physiology, peace and economics. The Nobel Prize is provided by the Swedish Academy in favour of the Nobel Committee of Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences stockholm. The Nobel Prize first started award in 1901 in memory of Sir Alfred Nobel who was a chemist, engineer and inventor. The Nobel Prize money worth 8 Million SEK or $1.2 Million.
This article about nobel prize is an ideal study material for general knowledge and current affairs. Candidates for exams like PSC, UPSC, IBPS, IAS, RAILWAY, LIC, SSC, WBCS etc.
Nobel Prize Winner – 2016
This year in 2016 the Nobel Prize given for six fields- literature, physics, chemistry, medicine, peace, economics. The winners of Nobel Prize 2016 are following. The winners list also contains general knowledge and current affairs which is essential for every competitive exam.
The Winners Are:
1. Nobel in Physics- David J.Thouless, Duncan Halden, John. M. Kosterlitz 2. Nobel in Chemistry- Jean-Pierre Sauvage, Fraser Stoddart, Ben Feringa 3. Nobel in physiology or medicine- Yoshinori Oshumi 4. Nobel in Literature- Bob Dylan 5. Nobel in Peace- Juan Manuel Santos 6. Nobel in Economics- Oliver Hart, Bengt R. Holmstrom
You May Also Like This – GK Current Affairs List of All Oscar Winning Movies And Years
General Knowledge Question and Current Affairs – Nobel Prize 2016
1. Who won the 2016 Nobel Peace Prize?
Ans:- Juan Manuel Santos
2. Who are the winner of Nobel Prize 2016 In economics?
Ans:- Oliver Hart and Bengt R. Holmstrom
3. Who won the prestigious Nobel Prize 2016 In literature?
Ans:- Bob Dylan
4. The winners of Nobel Prize 2016 In physics are –
Ans:- David J. Thouless, Duncan Halden, John. M. Kosterlitz
5. The winner of Nobel Prize 2016 In medicine is –
Ans:- Yoshinori Oshumi
6. The winners of 2016 Nobel Prize in Chemistry are–
Ans:- Jean-Pierre Sauvage, Fraser Stoddart, Ben Feringa
7. Q.Who is Juan Manuel Santos the winner of nobel peace prize 2016?
Ans:- Juan Manuel Santos is the 32nd and current President of Colombia.
8. How much prize money awarded to the winner of nobel prize 2016?
Ans:- Us $1.2 Million or 0.93 Million Euro
9. Which organisation provides award the nobel prize?
Ans:- The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Swedish Academy.
10. The nobel prize is awarded in memory of which great person?
Ans:- Sir Alfred Nobel