AndhraPradesh GK Quiz : Top 50 Question Answers
Here you will find most important 50 gk(general knowledge) and quiz questions on Andhra Pradesh. Including questions on AndhraPradesh history gk quiz, AndhraPradesh polity gk quiz, Andhra Pradesh geography gk quiz, state symbol and Andhra Pradesh economy gk quiz. Gk quiz on population and literacy in Andhra Pradesh. GK quiz on Andhra Pradesh arts, culture and literature.
Besides these topics some questions on sports, prizes and awards. Gk quiz question on famous Andhra Pradesh personality. GK in Telugu General knowledge(gk)question on famous places of Andhra Pradesh. Questions and answers for Andhra Pradesh competitive exams of year 2017 and upcoming exams of 2018.
This articles is a best practice set for job preparation interview questions. Its also a model question sets and a suggestion of possible question papers for 2017-2018 exams in Andhra Pradesh. Students those are appearing AP Board exams can follow these sets.
Population of AndhraPradesh: 49,386,799
Capital of AndhraPradesh : Hyderabad, Amaravati
Rank by Area : 7th
Rank by Population : 10th
Legislature : Bicameral
Literacy Rate : 67.41%
Official Language : Telugu
Most Important 50
GK Quiz Question
Answers for all
competitive exams in
Here are some most significant gk quiz question answers have been arranged for the candidates of APTET, Andhra Police, AP Postal Circle , IBPS, APPSC preliminary and main exams and almost all running and upcoming competitive exams.
GK Quiz Questions on Andhra Pradesh History
1. How long the Kakatiya dynasty existed?
Answer : From 1163 to 1323
When did Andhra Pradesh formed as state of Indian union?
Answer : 1 October 1953
2. When Telangana was seperated from Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : 2 June 2014
3. By which act Hyderabad became the capital of both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana?
Answer : Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act 2014
4. Who founded the great Vijayanagara Empire in Andhra Pradesh in 1336?
Answer : Harihara and Bukka of Sangam Dynasty
5. Who founded the Reddy dynasty in the early of 14th century?
Answer : Prolaya Vema Reddy
What is the past capital of the Hoysala Empire?
Answer : Belur later Halebidu
6. What is the old name of Pedavegi?
Answer : Vengi
7. What were the capital of Satavahana dynasty?
Answer : Dharanikota and Amaravati
8. What was the great dynasty ruled the deccan region between 5th and 6th century?
Answer : Vishnukundina dynasty from 420 to 624 A.D
9. Who built the Kondaveedu Fort?
Answer : Both Rajas of Orissa and Reddy dynasty in 13th century
Nizam of Hyderabad belonged to which dynasty?
Answer : Asaf Zahi
Who was the last Nizam of Hyderabad?
Answer : Mir Osman Ali Khan
Which king was known by Pandyadhiraja?
Answer : Kadungon
The Shore Temple of Mahabalipuram is a great historic example built by which Pallaba king?
Answer : Narasimhavarman II
Which Chinese traveller visited during Pallaba rule?
Answer : Hiuen Tsang
What is the past capital of Chalukya dynasty?
Answer : Vatapi alternatively Badami
What is the past capital of the Pandyan dynasty?
Answer: Korkai Madurai
Who is the first king of Satavahana dynasty?
Answer : Simuka
GK Quiz Questions on Andhra Pradesh Geography,Symbols, Population,Education and Places
What is the total population in Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: According census 2011 total 49386799
What is the geographic location of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : 16.50°N 80.64°E
10. Which state has the second largest coastline in India?
Answer : AndhraPradesh has a coastline of 974 kilometer
11. Which Indian state is to the north of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Chhattisgarh
What religious people has a majority in Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: Hindu 90%
What cities of Andhra Pradesh have been nominated for Smart Cities Mission under Union Ministry of Urban Development?
Ans: Visakhapatnam, Tirupati and Kakinada
12. Which Indian state is to the west of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Karnataka
What is the literacy rate in Andhra Pradesh?
Where is the Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO) located?
Ans: Sriharikota, Nellor, Andhra Pradesh
Q.Where is the Indian Instutute of Science Education and Research(IISER)located?
Ans: Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
Q.What is the sex ratio in Andhra Pradesh?
Q.What district of Andhra Pradesh has the highest literacy rate?
Ans: West Godavari District 74.6%
Q.What district of Andhra Pradesh has the highest urban population?
Ans: Visakhapatnam 47.5%
13. Bay of Bengal is located to which direction of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : East
How many districts are there in Andhra Pradesh?
14. Which two regions covers the total thirteen districts of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : a) Coastal Andhra b) Rayalaseema
15. Vijayawada is located on which river?
Answer : Krishna river
16. What is the geographical location of the largest and most populous city Visakhapatnam?
Answer : Its located at the coast of Bay of Bengal
17. Where is the Tirumala Venkateswara Temple is situated at?
Answer : Tirupati
18. What is the largest district in AndhraPradesh?
Answer : Anantapur
19. Araku valley is one of the best tourist destination located in which district?
Answer : Visakhapatnam
20. What is the state animal of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Blackbuck
21. What symbolise the state tree of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Neem
22. What symbolise the state emblem of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Poorna kumbham
23. What is the state dance of Andhra Pradesh that recognised one of the eight major classical dance in India?
Answer : Kuchipudi
24. What are the main rivers in Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Krishna and Godavari rivers
25. Which religious people mostly reside in Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Hindu 90%
GK Quiz Questions on Andhra Pradesh Polity and Personality
Which Telugu personality served as the Governor of Reserve Bank of India from 2003 to 2008?
Answer : Y. Venugopal Reddy
Which Chief Minister is known as Andhra Kesari(Lion of Andhra)?
Answer : Indian freedom fighter Tanguturi Prakasam
26. Who is the last and current Chief Minister of AP?
Answer : N. Chandrababu Naidu
27. Who is the current Governor of AP as of 2017?
Answer : E.S.L. Narasimhan
Who is the current Speaker of AndhraPradesh Legislative Assembly as of 2017?
Ans: Kodela Siva Prasad Rao(TDP Party)
Who is the leader of opposition party in Andhra Assembly?
Ans: YS Jagan Mohan Reddy(YSRCP party)
What is the basic structure of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly?
Ans: It is bicameral
What is the lower house in Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly?
Ans: Vidhan Sabha
What is the upper house in Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly?
Ans: Vidhan Parishad
Who is the current Finance Minister of Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: Yanama Rama Krishnudu
Who is the Social & Tribal Welfare Minister of Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: Nakka Ananda Babu
Who is the Labour & Employment Minister in Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: Pithani Satyanarayana
Who is the Minister for Tourism, Language and Culture in Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: Bhuma Akhila Priya
Who is the Minister for Health in Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: Kamineni Srinivas
28. Who is the first Chief Minister of AndhraPradesh became the sixth President of India?
Answer : Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
Who is the personality from AndhraPradesh won the All England Open Badminton Championships 2001?
Answer : Pullela Gopichand
Q. Who is the longest serving Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : N. Chandrababu Naidu(1995-2004)
29. Which political party currently ruling in Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Telugu Desam Party(TDP), it was founded by N. T. Rama Rao in 1982.
Who is the Minister for Education and Human Resource Development in Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: Ganta Srinivasa Rao
Who is the Deputy Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: K. E. Krishnamurthy
30. There are how many constituencies in AndhraPradesh state legislative assembly?
Answer : 175
31. How many seats AndhraPradesh represents in Rajya Sabha?
Answer : 11 seats
32. How many seats AndhraPradesh represents in Lok Sabha?
Answer : 25 seats
Who is the first Indian ever to win an Olympic medal?
Answer : Telugu woman Karnam Malleswari is the first to win bronze medal in weight-lifting in 2000 Sydney Olympic
He is an Indian film director, directed some world famous films such as Bahubali 1 and Bahubali 2 also won Padma Shri in 2016. Who is he?
Answer : Telugu director Srisaila Sri Rajamouli(S.S.Rajamouli)
He is a Telugu director and screenwriter won Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2005, Padma Shri in 1976 and Padma Bhushan in 1991. Who is he?
Answer : Shyam Benegal
He is the first Indian Telugu personality received Bharatratna award in 1954 and served as the second President of India. Who is he?
Answer : Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
He is the fourth Indian President served as Governor of Karnataka, Kerala and UttarPradesh and awarded Bharatratna in 1975. Who is he?
Answer : Varahagiri Venkata Giri(Andhra Pradesh)
Who is the woman from Andhra Pradesh served as fourth Governor of West Bengal?
Answer : Padmaja Naidu daughter of former Chief Minister Sarojini Naidu
Who is the personality from Andhra Pradesh served as Chief of Indian Army from 1981 to 1983?
Answer : General K.V.Krishna Rao
Which famous Telugu personality is known as ‘Nightingale of India’?
Answer : Sarojini Naidu
GK Quiz Questions on Andhra Pradesh Economy
33. What is the rank of AndhraPradesh by gross domestic product(gdp) per capita income?
Answer : 16th
Q. What is the rank of Andhra Pradesh by Gross Domestic Product in India?
Answer : 10th
Q. Which state is known as “Rice Bowl of India”?
Answer : Andhra Pradesh
Q. How many agricultural economic zones in Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Three, Chittoor district for mango pulp and vegetables, Krishna district for mangoes and Guntur district for chillies.
34. What is the gdp per capita income in AndhraPradesh in the year 2015-2016?
Answer : Rs 1007600
What is the Financial Capital of Andhra Pradesh?
Q. Why Andhra Pradesh is known as “Egg Bowl of Asia”?
Answer : Because the state is the largest producer of egg in India
35. Economy of AndhraPradesh is mainly based on which major sector?
Answer : Agriculture
GK Quiz Questions on Andhra Pradesh Arts,Culture & Literature
36. Telugu literature was first influenced by which historical empire?
Answer : Vijaynagar Empire
What is Champu?
Answer : A mixture of telugu prose and poetry
37. Malliya Rechana is known for which part of Telugu literature?
Answer : Telugu poem
Who are known as Kavi Trayam?
Ans: Nannaya, Tikkana and Yerrapragada
By which name India’s second largest Telugu film industry is known?
Answer : Tollywood
38. Which great author translated Mahabharata from Sanskrit to Telugu language?
Answer : Nannaya Bhattaraka
39. Who wrote Subhadra Kalyanam?
Ans: First female Telugu poet Tallapaka Tirumalamma
40. Who is the writer of Baala Vyaakaranamu?
Ans: Paravastu Chinnayasuri
41. He is a court poet of Vijaynagara empire and writer of Panduranga Mahatyamy. Who is he?
Ans: Tenali Ramakrishna
42. Which work of Kandujuri Veeresalingam was inspired by Oliver Goldsmith’s The Vicar of Wakefied?
Ans: Rajashekhara Charitamu
43. What is the state sport of AP?
Answer : Kabaddi
44. Who is the great Kuchipudi artist received PadmaShree, PadmaBhushan and PadmaBibhushan award consecutively in 1968, 2001 and 2016?
Answer : Yamini Krishnamurty
45. The great Telugu player M.V. Narasimha Rao is famous for which sport?
Answer : Cricket
46. Who is the first recipient of India’s highest literary Jnanpith Award in Telugu language?
Answer : Viswanatha Satyanarayana received this award in 1970
47. Where is India’s largest and longest Belum Caves located at?
Answer : Kurnool district
48. Who is the youngest lady ever became a Grand Master?
Ans: Koneru Humpy(Andhra Pradesh)
49. Who is the current Chief Justice of the High Court in Andhra Pradesh as of 2017?
Answer : Ramesh Ranganathan
50. Who was the first Chief Justice of the High Court in Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Koka Subha Rao (1956-1958)