First in India GK Quiz|Current Affairs – List of Firsts In India, First in India question answers
GK Current Affairs Quiz Updated List of First person and first facts in Indian history 2018-2019: First in India male, first in India female, first in India general knowledge, first in India current affairs, first in India question answers, first in India facts, first President in India, first Prime Minister in India, first Chief Minister in India, first software park in India, first newspaper in India, first Governor in India
Here you will find GK(General Knowledge) and current affairs on first female person, first male person, first facts in history of India. We have organised a list where all first in India facts, that happened from ancient to present India, can be found.
This list contains those great Indian personalities who achieved first position, in various fields like sports, art & culture, polity, governance, defence, exploration, science and history, within country or outside.
Besides personalities this list also contains some amazing first in India facts(first railway, first telegraph, first newspaper, first achitecture etc).
Stay updated with the latest first till 2017 along with the oldest first in India.
Who is the first female minister in India?
Who is the first Chief Justice in India?
By reading jobprostuti’s first in india current listings from first muslim empress of Delhi throne to latest trends in India, you will get all the answers of gk and quiz questions frequently asked in all competitive exams like upsc, psc, bank, ssc, railways, defence etc.
First in India Current Affairs Question Answers with Current affairs 2018-2019
Q. Who is the first woman most recently participated in wwe?
Ans: Kavita Devi
Q. Who is the first female officer in Indian army?
Ans: Priya Jhingan
Q. Who is the first Defence Minister of India?
Answer: Baldev Singh
Q. Who is the first Indian ever to go to space?
Answer: Rakesh Sharma in 1984
A. Who is the first Nobel Prize winner ever in India?
Ans: Rabindranath Tagore 1913
Q. Who is the first Oscar Awards winner ever in India?
Ans: Satyajit Ray
Q. Who is the first Indian to win most recent Miss Earth title?
Ans: Nicole Faria in 2010
Q. Who is the most recent Indian to win first Miss Universal Peace and Humanity Title?
Ans: Ruhi Singh in 2014
Q. What is the first Inter Continental Ballistic Missile in India most recently launched?
Ans: Agni V launched successfully in 2017(Range – 5500 to 8000 kms)
Q. Who is the first Prime Minister of India?
Ans: Jawaharlal Nehru
Q. What is the first silent film in India?
Ans: Raja Harishchandra made by Dadasaheb Phalke in 1913
Q. Who is the first lady judge of Supreme Court in India?
Ans: Mirasahib Fathima Beevi
Q. Who is the first female railway driver ever in India?
Ans: Surekha Yadav
Q. Who is the first female Indian to go to space?
Ans: Kalpana Chawla
Q. Who is the first Indian female ever to win an Olympic medal?
Ans: Karnam Malleswari from Andhra Pradesh
15 November 2017: Today is the 151st birth anniversary of India’s first female advocated Cornelua Sorabji
14 November 2017 : It is 128th birth anniversary of India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru
8 November 2017: Mary Kom made latest record as the first female to win gold in Asian Women’s Boxing Championships 2017.
6 October 2017: For the first time India hosted the 17th FIFA Under 17 WORLD CUP from 6 to 28 October 2017. Indian under 17 football team played for the first time with 23 other participating country in six different host cities. It is the first time England won the FIFAU17 World Cup beating Spain by 5-2 goal in the final
6 May 2017: Most recently India’s First female judge of Delhi court, Leela Seth dies. She was also became first Chief Justice of a state High Court in 1991
Person first in India list(Male & Female):-
First in India Governance
● First Chief Justice of India > Hiralal J. Kania
● First Governor-General of Indian Union > C. Rajgopalachari
●First Chief Election Commissioner : Sukuman Sen
● First Emperor of Mughal Dynasty in India > Babar
● First Indian Member of the Viceroy’s Executive Council > Sir S. P. Sinha
●First South Indian Prime Minister : P. V. Narasimha Rao
●First Sikh Prime Minister : Manmohan Singh(2004-2014)
● First Sikh President : Giani Zail Singh
● First Muslim Woman to sit on the throne of Delhi > Razia Sultana
● First President to Die in Office > Dr. Zakir Hussain
● First Prime Minister to Lose an Election > Indira Gandhi
● First Woman Foreign Secretary of India : Chokila Iyer
● First Prime Minister to Resign from Office > Morarji Desai
● First Indian Woman DGP : Kanchan Chaudhury
● First Indian ICS Officer > Satyendra Nath Tagore
●First woman railway minister : Mamata Banerjee
● First Member from Dalit Community to become the President of India : K. R. Narayanan
● First Prime Minister : Jawaharlal Nehru(1947-1964)
● First President : Rajendra Prasad(1950-1962)
● First Deputy Prime Minister in India: Vallabhbhai Patel
● First Viceroy in India > Lord Canning
● First Woman Union Minister > Rajkumari Amrit Kaur
● First Woman Chief Minister of a State > Mrs. Sucheta Kripalni(Uttar Pradesh)
● First Woman Governor in India> Mrs. Sarojini Naidu(Uttar Pradesh)
● First Woman Minister in India> Mrs. Vijayalakshmi Pandit
● First Woman Prime Minister in India : Mrs. Indira Gandhi
● First Woman Judge of the Supreme Court > Fathima Biwi
● First Woman Judge of Delhi High Court : Leila Seth
● First Female Advocate in India – Cornelia Sorabji
● First Woman Speaker of a State Assembly : Mrs. Shanno Devi
● First Indian in the British Parliament: Dadabhai Naoroji
● First Woman President of UN General Assembly : Vijayalakshmi Pandit (1953)
● First British Governor-General in India> Warren Hastings
● First British Governor-General of Independent India > Lord Mountbatten
● First Women President in India: Pratibha Patil (2007)
● First Woman IPS Officer : Kiran Bedi
First in India Sports
● First Indian to win World Chess Championship : Vishwanathan Anand
● First Woman to Win an Asiad Gold : Kamaljit Sandhu
● First female to compete in World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) : Kavita Devi
● First Indian Woman to win a Badminton Grand Prix : Saina Nehwal (2006)
● First Indian to win World Billiards Trophy : Wilson Jones
● First Indian Grand Master (in Chess) : Vishwanathan Anand
● First Indian Woman to win an Olympic medal : Karnam Malleswari
● First Indian Woman to make ‘Produnova Vault’ also known as ‘Vault of Death’ in olympic : Dipa Karmakar(2016)
● First Indian Medal winner in Olympic Games : Rajyawardhan Singh Rathore
● First Asian Tennis Champion, WTA champion, Third round winner in Grand Slam Tournament, Grand slam tournament Match winner in U.S. open, Youngest awardee of Padamshree : Sania Mirza
● Formula-1 Car Racer : Narayan Kartikeyan
● First Indian to win a medal in the world Athletic Championship : Anju B. George (2003)
● First Indian Triple Century Maker in Test Cricket : Virendra Sahwag (2004)
● Hitter of 5 Double Centuries : Rahul Dravid (2004)
● Five hundred wicket taker in Test cricket: Anil Kumble (2006)
● First Indian to win Gold Medal in Olympics in individual Event : Abhinav Bindra (2008)
● World Cup (Jr.) Badminton, Indonesian Open Winner (Woman) : Saina Nehwal (2009)(facebook/cnaonweb)
●First woman wrestler to win a medal in Olympic : Sakshi Malik
● First woman to win a medal in Olympic boxing : Mary Kom
First in India Science
● First satellite launched in India: Aryabhatta (1975)
● First Test-tube Baby in India> Indira (Baby Harsha)
● First indigenously built satellite in India: Aryabhatta (1975)
● First Atomic device exploded in India at : Pokharan in Rajasthan (1974)
● First Large-scale Nuclear Reactor in India : Apsara (1956)
● First Indigenously designed and built missile in India : Prithvi (1988)
● DNA typing forensic Laboratory set-up at : Kolkata
First in India Exploration
● First Indian Consmonaut > Sqn. Ldr. Rakesh Sharma
● First Indian Woman to go into Space : Kalpana Chawla
● First Man to Climb Mount Everest > Sherpa Tenzing
● Man to Climb Mount Everest without Oxygen > Phu Dorjee
● Man to Climb Mount Everest twice > Nawang Gombu
● First Indian to Reach the South Pole > Col. I. K. Bajaj
● Chinese pilgrim to visit India : Fahien
● European invader on India soil : Alexander The Great
● First Indian Man to Swim Across the English Channel > Mihir Sen
● First Indian Woman to Swim Across the English Channel > Miss Aarti Saha
● First Indian Woman to Swim Across the Strait of Gibraltar > Aarti Pradhan
● First Indian Woman to Climb the Mt. Everest > Bachendri Pal
● First Indian to Reach Antarctica : Lt. Ram Charan (1960)
● First Indian Woman to reach the South Pole : Reena Kaushal (2009)
● To the ski to the North Pole : Ajeet Bajaj (2006)
First in India Defence
● First female officer in Army: Priya Jhingan
● First Comander-in-Chief in Free India > General K. M. Cariappa
● First Chief of Air Staff > Subroto Mukerjee
● First Indian Air Chief > Air Marshal S. Mukherjee
● First Chief of Army Staff : General M. Rajendra Singh
● First Chief of Naval Staff > Vice-Admiral R. D. Katari
● First Field Marshal > SPFJ Manekshaw
● Women Air Vice Marshal : P. Bandopadhyaya
● First Lady Cadet of Indian Army : Priya Jhingan
● First Woman Pilot of IAF : Harita Deol
● Woman Commanded the annual passing out parade : Wahida Prizm (2006).
● First Air Chief to do Sky dive : Air Chief S. P. Tyagi (2006)
● First Woman Pilot of Fighter Plane : Suman Sharma
● First President to make sortie in a combat aircraft : Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam (2006)
First in India Polity
● First President of the Indian National Congress > Womesh Chandra Banerjee(1885)
● First Woman President of the Indian National Congress : Annie Besant
● First Indian Woman Congress President : Sarojini Naidu (1925)
● First Speaker, Lok Sabha : G. V. Mavalankar (1952-57)
● First Chairman Rajya Sabha : S. V. Krishnamoorthy (1952)
● First Woman Speaker in Lok Sabha : Ms. Meira Kumar (2009)
First in India Art & Culture
Awards Honours Films
● First Musician to be awarded the Bharat Ratna : M. S. Subbulakshmi
● First Nobel Prize Winner in literature > Rabindra Nath Tagore in 1913
• First Param Vir Chakra Award Winner : Major Somnath Sharma
• First Nobel Prize Winner in Physics: Sir C. V. Raman in 1930
• First Magsaysay Award Winner : Vinoba Bhave in 1958
● First Indian to get an Oscar > Bhanu Athaiya
• First Stalin Peace Prize Winner : Saifuddin Kitchlew in 1952
• First Nishan-e-Pakistan Award Winner : Morarji Desai in 1990
● First Indian to be awarded ‘Srilanka Ratn’ : N. Ram
● First Woman to Win Nobel Peace Prize : Mother Teresa (1979) Albania origin
● Khel Ratna, Arjun and Dronacharya Award Winner: P. Gopi Chand (2009)
● First Woman to become Miss World : Reita Faria
● First Indian to win Miss Universe Title : Ms Sushmita Sen
• First Woman to win Miss Earth : Nicole Faria(2010)
• First Woman to win Miss Asia Pacific World : Himangini Singh Yadu(2012)
• First Indian Woman to be ‘Miss Tourism’ : Priyanka Shah(2007)
● First twice Oscar Award winner in India: A. R. Rahman (2009)
• First Mister United Nations : Rahul Vyas(2013)
● First Indian female writer to win the Man Booker Prize(literature) : Arundhati Roy for novel “The God of Small Things” (1997)
● Actress of Indian Cinema : Kamalabai Gokhale
● First Talkie Film in India> Alam Ara (1931)
● First Silent Movie in India : Raja Harish Chandra by Dada Saheb Phalke (1913)
● First Coloured Cinemascope Film in India : Pyar ki Pyas (1961)
● First Indian to Pass ICS : Surendra Nath Banerji (1869)
● First Indian Pilot : JRD Tata (1929)
● First woman Airline Pilot > Durba Banerjee
● Chairman of the Prasar Bharati Board : Nikhil Chakravarthy
First Facts in India:-
First in IndiaArchitecture
• First dam in India : Kallanai Dam, built across Kaveri river in Thanjavur district in Tamilnadu
• First true dome : Alai Darwaja, Qutb complex, Delhi
• First Islamic tomb in India : Sultan Ghari Sultan Ghari
• First Mosque in India : Cheraman Juma Masjid, Kerala
First in India Transport
• First woman to drive a railway train : Surekha Yadav
• First passenger train : Between Mumbai and Thane in 1853
• First expressway : Mumbai-Pune expressway in 2000
• First suburban railway line : Mumbai suburban railway in 1857
● First Telegraph Line Installed in India : Calcutta to Diamond Harber (1853)
● First Electric Train started between : Ludhiana and New Delhi
First in India Places
• First Wifi city in India : Kolkata
• First city to achieve 100% literacy rate : Kottayam, Kerala
● First Solar city is developed in India: Anandpur Sahib
• First city to have an e-court : Ahmedabad
• First post office opened in India : Kolkata(1727)
• First complete digital state : Kerala, 2016
● First Institution to be awarded Gandhi Peace Prize in India : Ramakrishna Mission
• First gender park : Kerala, in 2016
● First Solar Thermal Parabolic Through Power Station was established at : Mathania (Rajasthan)
● Science City was first inaugurated in : Kolkata
● First Published Vernacular Daily : Kolkata (1727)
• First Newspaper : Hicky’s Bengal Gazette started in 1780
Jobprostuti tried to give you the full and correct info on firsts in India. If this guide help you a little my efforts will be succeded. Just share this article on your facebook wall or tweeter page to help other friends, instead of thanks.
Last Updated May, 2018